Recipe by Stella Mae
This is so good, not hard to make, and great for holidays and casual entertaining. It's a nice gift to give at Christmas time in a pretty tin.
Top Review by carlinsmom
So easy and yummy. Had to come up with something quick for Scout function tonight and this was something I easily had all the ingredients around the house to prepare the dish. Recipe is definitely a keeper... thanks! A
- 3 quarts freshly popped corn
- 1⁄2 cup pecans or 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup softened butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine popcorn and nuts on a lightly greased 15x10x1 inch jellyroll pan.
- Mix well and set aside.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
- Add brown sugar, corn syrup and salt.
- Bring to a boil and gently boil 5 minutes without stirring.
- (If you stir it'll make the sugar grainy).
- Remove from heat and stir in soda and vanilla.
- Pour syrup over popcorn mixture, stirring until popcorn is evenly coated.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 30 minutes, stirring after 15 minutes.
- Cool completely, and then break into pieces.