Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is so good, not hard to make, and great for holidays and casual entertaining. It's a nice gift to give at Christmas time in a pretty tin.
- Combine popcorn and nuts on a lightly greased 15x10x1 inch jellyroll pan.
- Mix well and set aside.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
- Add brown sugar, corn syrup and salt.
- Bring to a boil and gently boil 5 minutes without stirring.
- (If you stir it'll make the sugar grainy).
- Remove from heat and stir in soda and vanilla.
- Pour syrup over popcorn mixture, stirring until popcorn is evenly coated.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 30 minutes, stirring after 15 minutes.
- Cool completely, and then break into pieces.
So easy and yummy. Had to come up with something quick for Scout function tonight and this was something I easily had all the ingredients around the house to prepare the dish. Recipe is definitely a keeper... thanks! A
The first time I made this I added Pecans, but some of them burned in the oven. So I decided to make another batch, this time without nuts & I cooked it in the microwave for 90 seconds, stirring after every 30 seconds. It was delicious! I brought it to a football party & everyone loved it. I like that it has less sugar than most recipes. Thanks for posting!
Okay, this is very addictive. I had this horrible popcorn left that my kids would not eat I made this recipe with it and...unfortunally my friend and I ate it all before they came home. Better luck next time.