Prep 12 mins
Cook 1 hr
My family has been making this recipe, since I can remember. We love this, and men/boys can't get enough of it! Good stick to your ribs meal.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 10 1⁄2 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 14 1⁄2 ounces sweet corn, drained
- 40 tater tots, approx. (frozen)
- 2 cups colby-monterey jack cheese, shredded (less if you don't like a ton of cheese)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In a skillet brown the hamburger with the onions and garlic powder; drain.
- Place hamburger mixture in the bottom of your casserole dish. On top of that, layer your cream of mushroom soup. Next layer your drained sweet corn.
- Place your tater tots on top, one by one, trying to get it one layer deep, but as close together as possible.
- Next sprinkle as much of the cheese as you want on top.
- Bake for 1 hour.
This recipe is so easy and so tasty! I'm just learning to cook, at 24, and this is the first not-out-of-a-box dinner I feel confident making without help. I substituted lean ground turkey for the beef and low-sodium celery soup for the mushroom soup.
wonderful and very kid friendly!
This is a good standby casserole recipe that is easy to prepare with ingredients you are likely to have on hand. I didn't have tater tots - but I did have french fries to top it off and they worked just as well. Thank-you for posting!