Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
I clipped this back in the early 1980s from a Toronto Star article on St. Patricks Day, and just found it tonight! Talk about timing!
- 2 ounces Irish whiskey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (or to taste)
- black coffee (hot and strong)
- whipped cream
- In a pre-warmed stemmed heatproof glass (yes, you can also use a prewarmed coffee mug, but it doesn't look as good), pour in whisky, then add sugar, then pour in coffee up to within 1/2-inch of rim.
- Stir well to dissolve sugar.
- Fill to the brim with whipped cream.
- Serve, enjoy, relax!
This was very good! I am a fan of Irish coffee and this was the first time I tried making one at home rather than ordering one at a restaurant. We prefer ours not terribly sweet, so we went easier on the sugar. We also tried a cup with a little less whiskey, which was very good too.
This was wonderful, I loved it. just perfect for this cold wintery weather. Perfect ratio of whiskey sugar and coffee. I garnished with vanilla whipped cream for a decadent treat. Thank you for sharing this tasty coffee.
Best winter night drink .Thanks.