Recipe by tree luee dee
Ok...I put together my own sandwich the other night. I posted it on the community forums and got some wonderful reviews, and requests that I post this sandwich. First I want to give credit to some people who made suggestions and gave advice....Becky in Wisconsin is the person who recommended the name...the "TLD" Sandwich (after my screen name "T"ree "L"uee "D"ee), Andy in PA suggested putting banana hot peppers on the sandwich, and Uncle Bill suggested putting shredded lettuce, sliced black olives, hot peppers and some sliced dill pickles on it! Thanks to everyone for encouraging me to post this sandwich. It really is incredibly good, and it lends itself to a lot of adaptations.... Have fun with it! NOTE: The Sandwich I made did not include any of the "optional" items. Also, the ingredient amounts are just a guess. I just made the sandwich with what I had handy in the house and didn't measure anything. So, if the ingredients seem like too much or too little, adjust to your taste!
Top Review by Shazzie
My fairly fussy partner, who is not mad about garlic and purportedly does not like mayonnaise nor Italian salad dressing, lapped these sammies up with great relish! A wonderful combination of flavours and ingredients.
- 1 lb loaf garlic bread, frozen
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2-1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 lb deli ham, shaved
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 lb deli turkey, shaved
- 6 slices bacon, cooked
- 1 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 1⁄8 cup Italian dressing (or to taste)
- banana pepper (optional)
- shredded lettuce (optional)
- sliced black olives (optional)
- sliced dill pickle (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Open the frozen garlic bread and put both pieces onto a large pizza or cookie sheet. Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Spread the mayo on both sides of the bread. Sprinkle the mozarella cheese over the mayo.
- On both sides, layer the ham, turkey, bacon, onions and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle the Italian dressing on both sides of the sandwich.
- Place the slices of swiss cheese on only one side of the sandwich.
- Put the sandwich back into the oven for 10 more minutes or until everything is hot and the cheese is melted.
- Remove the sandwich from the oven. Using oven mitts (to protect your hands) put the two pieces together to form a sandwich.
- Slice and Enjoy!
- (Remember this sandwich can be made in many, many ways. Use different meats, cheeses, dressing, and feel free to use the "optional" ingredients. Many thanks again to all those who encouraged me to post this Sammy!".