Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Another take on one of those great low fat recipes from the Podleski sisters. This one gives you extra-tasty oven barbecued chicken thighs.
- 12 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- ARRANGE chicken thighs in a single layer in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- WHISK together in a separate bowl the ketchup, salsa, honey, dijon mustard, chili powder and cumin until well blended.
- POUR sauce over chicken; Turn pieces to coat both sides with the sauce.
- BAKE uncovered at 400F for 45 minutes.
"Oooh Delish"! Beside quick and easy, "The Sauce Made The Dish"! I only had 6 thighs but used the full sauce recipe. The amount of sauce was perfect. I did add 2 cloves of minced garlic to the sauce. (We are garlic lovers.) This is good enough for company and I will use the recipe. Maybe it's just me, but, when I use 12 thighs, I intend to "double" the sauce. I don't think the amount of sauce as listed is enough. Thanks for a winner!
It smells heavenly right now as it is baking! Tastes just as good. Some of the wee ones (4 years old) did not like the chili powder, but the rest of us gave this dish a 5 thumbs up. Let me tell you, Charlene was not kidding when she said prep time 5 minutes! This was so fast and simple to put together. Finger licken' good
It's not often that you can easily give a recipe 5 stars for flavor AND ease in making! Use of the salsa added a nice flavor to the sauce, not over powering and it doesn't scream "salsa here-grab the corn chips!" I followed recipe as stated and the next time I'll play with it by omitting the ketchup, use diced tomatoes or tom. sauce and stir in chopped green onions at the end of the cooking process. Note, if using thighs, the 45 minute cook time works well, if using breasts, at this temp. 30 minutes or less would cook them without over doing it.