Recipe by MacChef
This is my version of a Texas classic. This burger is moist, flavorful and stays together well when grilling!
Top Review by BearsFanJeff
Great burgers! The bacon added a ton of taste. I used 2.25 lbs of ground beef and placed a slice of cheddar cheese in the middle of each burger but kept everything else the same. I chopped the bacon at room temperature and it was a little hard to work with. Maybe if it was partially frozen it would have been easier to chop. I also tossed my burgers in the freezer for about 30 min. before grilling which does help them hold together. Moist, smoky, and delicious!
- 680.38 g 80% lean ground beef
- 12 slice bacon, uncooked
- 14.79-22.18 ml grill seasoning (I use McCormicks Mesquite)
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 14.79 ml minced dried onion
- 59.14 ml Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Begin by chopping the raw bacon finely with a sharp knife. I slice it in half, then in strips, then dice it. The key is to make it small. I do not recommend a food processor because it heats the bacon up too much and can become gummy.
- Gently mix all ingredients in a large bowl and add the bacon. Form into 6-8 patties and put in the freezer for 30 minutes before grilling. This is not a necessary step, but I think the meat holds together nicely when the patties go on cold.
- Grill patties approximately 5 minutes on each side. Allow them to rest 5 minutes before serving.
- Top with cheese if you wish and any of your favorite toppings.