2 hrs 50 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
Miss Mary Bobo ran a famous boarding house in Lynchburg, Tennessee, home of the Jack Daniels Distillery. Miss Mary, who lived to be 101, never touched a drop of whiskey herself, but she sure could cook with it! Here is one of her famous recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place flour in dry skillet. Cook over medium heat while stirring until it is pale brown in color. Stir in nutmeg and set aside.
- 2In small bowl beat egg whites until stiff. Set aside.
- 3In large mixing bowl cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- 4Add egg yolks and beat well.
- 5Add whiskey and stir to blend.
- 6Beat in flour, then fold in egg whites, raisins and pecans.
- 7Pour into greased and floured 9-inch tube pan.
- 8Bake at 300 for 2.5 hours, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Tennessee Whiskey Cake
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 702.4
- Calories from Fat 302
- Total Fat 33.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.6 g
- Cholesterol 175.7 mg
- Sodium 177.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 62.4 g
- Protein 9.1 g