Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
Miss Mary Bobo ran a famous boarding house in Lynchburg, Tennessee, home of the Jack Daniels Distillery. Miss Mary, who lived to be 101, never touched a drop of whiskey herself, but she sure could cook with it! Here is one of her famous recipes.
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml nutmeg
- 6 eggs, separated
- 236.59 ml butter, softened
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml Jack Daniels Whiskey
- 591.47 ml raisins
- 354.88 ml pecans, chopped
- Place flour in dry skillet. Cook over medium heat while stirring until it is pale brown in color. Stir in nutmeg and set aside.
- In small bowl beat egg whites until stiff. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg yolks and beat well.
- Add whiskey and stir to blend.
- Beat in flour, then fold in egg whites, raisins and pecans.
- Pour into greased and floured 9-inch tube pan.
- Bake at 300 for 2.5 hours, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.