Recipe by Chef Glaucia
This recipe comes from "The Baker's Catalogue". This is a wonderful cholesterol-free pie crust and contains just 2 to 4 teaspoons of "good" fat-olive oil-per serving.
- 3 cups pastry flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil (use light or extra-light for best flavor )
- 1⁄3 cup water, cold
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together the dry ingredients.
- Stir together the wet ingredients.
- Combine the two, stirring just to blend.
- Divide the mixture in half; it will make 2 single crusts or one crust plus a streusel topping.
- Press half of the dough into the bottom and up the sides of a 9" pie pan, crimping the edges.
- Use the other half to make the bottom crust for another pie or put it back in the mixing bowl, add 1/3 cup brown sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon. Mix till it becomes moist/crumbly. Fill your prepared crust, spread the topping over the filling, and bake as directed.