Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 mins
Slivered nori adds a little more ocean flavor to this shrimp/weiner dog. From Sunset.
- 4 all beef hot dogs
- 1⁄2 lb medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed (10 to 12 count and seasoned if desired)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 hot dog buns
- 1 avocado
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sriracha chili sauce
- 1⁄2 sheet nori, cut into slivers (about 3 tbsp.)
- Heat grill to medium (350° to 450°). Grill hot dogs until slightly charred all over, about 6 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Toss shrimp with oil in a small bowl, then grill, turning once, until cooked through, about 3 minutes. Add buns and grill, turning frequently, until warmed and lightly charred, about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, smash avocado with a fork in a small bowl and stir in onion. In another small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise and Sriracha.
- Set dogs in buns and dollop with avocado mixture, then drizzle generously with Sriracha mayonnaise. Halve shrimp lengthwise and divide among dogs. Sprinkle with nori.