Recipe by Little Italy
The last cookie is usually fought for in my family. This recipe was formed simply by trial and error. Mmmmm! These cookies are perfectly chewy on the inside, and have a nice fluffy outside. They are without a doubt SUPREME! My favorite is with a cup of tea or coffee on a cold day in fron of the fire place.
Top Review by L DJ
Supreme indeed, great flavor. My granddaughter and I made these for the 4th of July family bash. Frosted with crawfish pie's Recipe #19649 and decorated with red, white and blue sprinkles from our cake decorating shop. Thanks for sharing.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup mild-flavor molasses
- 1 egg
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 375ºF.
- Mix sugar, butter, shortening, molasses and egg in large bowl, until nicely blended.
- Stir in dry ingredients, and mix well.
- Form small balls or drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls, roll in sugar (if desired) and place about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until a wooden skewer comes out of the centre clean.
- Cool on a cookie rack, and enjoy!