Recipe by twissis
There are 228 recipes w/popcorn in their title! I know, I just went through each of them and found nothing like this unique popcorn recipe I found while recipe browsing. From The Popcorn Institute, its original title was "Beach Party Popcorn", but I renamed it after I amended the recipe & prep to be more salt content friendly if that is an issue for you. This is a great snack for all "To Go" occasions, but mostly just to enjoy w/your family & friends. (Times do not include popping the popcorn or cooling the finished mixture.) SPECIAL NOTE: The recipe editing mechanism wouldn't accept 2 CUPS ASSORTED SNACK ITEMS as an ingredient, but this is a part of the recipe!
Top Review by ElaineAnn
I made this adding 1 cup unsalted peanuts and 1 cup unsalted mini-pretzels (these are made by Snyders of Hanover and available in my supermarket). This is a great snack. Made for Holiday Tag Game. Thanks for posting twissis!
- 1⁄3 cup butter (melted)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 drop Tabasco sauce (or more to taste)
- 2 quarts popped popcorn
- 1⁄2 ounce Lipton Onion Soup Mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Add soy sauce and Tabasco to 1/3 cup melted butter.
- Put popped popcorn & assorted snacks of choice in a large bowl. Pour butter/soy mixture over the popcorn/snacks combo & toss. (NOTE: When selecting your assorted snack items, I suggest you avoid anything already salted or seasoned like salted pretzels, nuts, shoestring potatoes, etc.).
- Sprinkle w/dry onion soup mix seasoning & toss again. (NOTE: Some salt content has already been included in the butter & soy sauce. Since salt is a matter of personal preference, I suggest using a small strainer to collect the dry onion components of the soup mix, set them aside to later recombine w/the remaining soup mix & gradually sprinkle the seasoning part of the soup mix to the popcorn/snack mix per your personal taste.).
- Spread mixture in a jelly roll pan (15 1/2 × 10 1/2 × 1-in) & bake in a 350°F oven for 8-10 min, stirring once.
- Serve when fully cooled & store remains in a relatively airtight container with a snap-on lid, but you're not likely to need it!