Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
There are 228 recipes w/popcorn in their title! I know, I just went through each of them and found nothing like this unique popcorn recipe I found while recipe browsing. From The Popcorn Institute, its original title was "Beach Party Popcorn", but I renamed it after I amended the recipe & prep to be more salt content friendly if that is an issue for you. This is a great snack for all "To Go" occasions, but mostly just to enjoy w/your family & friends. (Times do not include popping the popcorn or cooling the finished mixture.) SPECIAL NOTE: The recipe editing mechanism wouldn't accept 2 CUPS ASSORTED SNACK ITEMS as an ingredient, but this is a part of the recipe!
- Add soy sauce and Tabasco to 1/3 cup melted butter.
- Put popped popcorn & assorted snacks of choice in a large bowl. Pour butter/soy mixture over the popcorn/snacks combo & toss. (NOTE: When selecting your assorted snack items, I suggest you avoid anything already salted or seasoned like salted pretzels, nuts, shoestring potatoes, etc.).
- Sprinkle w/dry onion soup mix seasoning & toss again. (NOTE: Some salt content has already been included in the butter & soy sauce. Since salt is a matter of personal preference, I suggest using a small strainer to collect the dry onion components of the soup mix, set them aside to later recombine w/the remaining soup mix & gradually sprinkle the seasoning part of the soup mix to the popcorn/snack mix per your personal taste.).
- Spread mixture in a jelly roll pan (15 1/2 × 10 1/2 × 1-in) & bake in a 350°F oven for 8-10 min, stirring once.
- Serve when fully cooled & store remains in a relatively airtight container with a snap-on lid, but you're not likely to need it!
I made this adding 1 cup unsalted peanuts and 1 cup unsalted mini-pretzels (these are made by Snyders of Hanover and available in my supermarket). This is a great snack. Made for Holiday Tag Game. Thanks for posting twissis!
Well at first I wasn't sure that I liked this, but after eating a couple of handfuls, yep, I do. Really nice change for popcorn. I used the raisins as mentioned in the other review, and it was a great choice. The sweetness of the raisins with the onion taste was perfect. Thanks twissis
This was good. My husband absolutely loved it. The hardest problem for me was figuring out what kind of snack to add. I couldn't think of what would be okay. I ended up using almonds. I almost added raisins but wasn't sure how that would be with the onion flavor. Anyway, it probably would have been very nice. Thanks for a nice recipe. Lisa