Recipe by GingerlyJ
Being a girl from the south, I have had alot of Barbecue chicken. This recipe is by far and away my favorite. It is both spicy and sweet. Adding the sauce the last five minutes is key so it doesn't burn or get bitter. Sriracha sauce is a Thai hot sauce. You can add more or less to taste
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 3⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup tequila
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 8 pieces chicken
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a saucepan.
- add onions and cook til transulcent and tender.
- add everything but chicken, oil, salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper simmer about twenty minutes.
- brush chicken with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- grill 20 minutes,.
- flip over and grill 11 more.
- add sauce generously and cook 5 more minutes.