Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This great old restaurant in Southern Ohio is gone now but their premiere recipe lives on! If you try this salad, you won't bother making any other one much again. I just wish that I could say that I invented it.
- 16 ounces fresh spinach
- 16 ounces spring greens
- 1⁄4 red onion, sliced longways
- 1⁄4 lb crisp bacon, crumbled
- 4 ounces cashews
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, cleaned and sliced
- 8 hard-boiled eggs, sliced (garnish)
- 2⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 teaspoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1 small onion (finely diced)
- Toss the salad ingredients (except for the eggs) and divide it up on to plates in desired portion sizes (4 recommended).
- Garnish each plate with the sliced eggs.
- Mix the all the dressing ingredients either by shaking (I use a small carafe with a plastic lid) or by a few pulses in the food processor/blender.
- Apply a small to moderate amount of the blended dressing to each salad.
I love this dressing. I did make some changes 1 c olive oil, 1/3 c balsamic vinegar, 1 sm onion 1 tsp mustard, salt and pepper. To die for thanks for the great recipe.
Fantastic salad. The dressing is great. I used what I had on hand, so I subbed 1 tsp ground mustard for the prepared yellow mustard and equal for the sugar. Thanks for a wonderful salad.
Quite an unusual salad. I have never had strawberries in a savoury salad before - very nice! The dressing is very sweet, though, but I have quite a sweet tooth, so I didn't mind !! I'll probably make this again, but with a little less sugar in the dressing.