Recipe by Bone Man
This great old restaurant in Southern Ohio is gone now but their premiere recipe lives on! If you try this salad, you won't bother making any other one much again. I just wish that I could say that I invented it.
- 16 ounces fresh spinach
- 16 ounces spring greens
- 1⁄4 red onion, sliced longways
- 1⁄4 lb crisp bacon, crumbled
- 4 ounces cashews
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, cleaned and sliced
- 8 hard-boiled eggs, sliced (garnish)
- 2⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 teaspoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1 small onion (finely diced)
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss the salad ingredients (except for the eggs) and divide it up on to plates in desired portion sizes (4 recommended).
- Garnish each plate with the sliced eggs.
- Mix the all the dressing ingredients either by shaking (I use a small carafe with a plastic lid) or by a few pulses in the food processor/blender.
- Apply a small to moderate amount of the blended dressing to each salad.