Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I toss in a handful of chopped peanuts and call this peanut chicken. Serve with any grilled meat, chicken, fried tofu, or eggplant. If anybody has a substitute for The Spice Hunter Thai Seasoning, please share (this one includes sesame seeds, chile pepper, coriander, onion, red pepper, shrimp, garlic, cinnamon, nutmeg, and lemon oil)! For now, I haven't found an adequate substitute for this seasoning.
- In a blender, add 2/3 cup coconut milk and Thai Seasoning on high until smooth.
- Pour in small saucepan, simmer on low for 10 minutes.
- Add remaining coconut milk, sugar, lime juice, and fish sauce; simmer 4 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and blend in peanut butter and cilantro.
- Let cool to room temperature, add additional coconut milk if consistency is too thick.
This is a very spicy peanut sauce. I made this and used it as a "marinade" on chicken quarters. I couldn't find Spice Hunter Thai Seasoning, or any seasoning at the stores in our area, so I substituted Homemade Thai Seasoning Blend (Thai Spice Mix) by gailanng Chef #1072593. I will keep this recipe handy for when we get a craving for Thai. Thanks dawn! Made for PAC Spring 2013.