Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 45 mins
In searching for another recipe this morning, I ran across this Copycat recipe on the internet. I still LOL when I think about this particular Seinfeld episode. I am posting this here for safe keeping so that I can try it later. From www.TopSecretRecipes.comj
- 4 sweet potatoes (about 1 pound each)
- 8 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash thyme
- 1 cup cashews (split in half)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake the sweet potatoes for 45 minutes or until they are soft.
- Cool the potatoes until they can be handled.
- Peel away the skin, then put the potatoes into a large bowl.
- Mash the potatoes for 15-20 seconds, but you don't need to mash them until they are entirely smooth.
- Spoon the mashed sweet potatoes into a large saucepan over medium/high heat, add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- When the soup begins to boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 50-60 minutes. Cashews should be soft. Serve hot with an attitude.
I was really excited to make this, but disapointment in the outcome. The sweet potatoes took forever to get soft and then the soup was runny and bland in the end.