Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Very basic, very delicious!
Make and share this The Sopranos' Marinara Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- In a large skillet, cook the garlic in the olive oil over medium heat, pressing it occasionally with the back of a spoon, until golden (about 4 minutes).
- Add the tomatoes and salt to taste.
- Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring often, until the sauce is thick (15-20 minutes, depending on the tomatoes).
- Stir in the basil leaves.
- Serve over hot cooked spaghetti or other pasta.
- Makes about 6 cups.
Simple, easy, freezes well, delicious. I have made this quite a few times for different uses and it is always great.
very nice! Used 4 oz fresh basil julienned & canned tomatoes. Can't wait until decent tomatoes start coming out of the garden to make this summer! Delish! Thank you Heather & David ps - I used this to sauce Super Spicy Stuffed Sausage Shells - OMG really good!
I first saw this recipe in a magazine--it was so easy and called for so few ingredients that I tried it right away. What a hit!!! My family loves it and I prepare it as often as they like. The only difference between this recipe and the one I first used was the addition of a few tablespoons of butter at the very end of the cooking process...adds some creaminess, I guess. Love it!