Top Review by Studentchef
Call me odd for making this kind of recipe during the winter, but I was craving for some ice cream and it was on special. I used regular chocolate ice cream for this. the contrast of colours was really nice, and the flavours went well together. But it was also so good! I was able to make this several times, because the container was large.
- 2 cups shredded coconut (freshly grated preferred)
- 1 pint ice cream (your favorite kind)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread the coconut over a baking sheet and bake until lightly toasted but not dark brown (5-8 minutes). Be sure to watch carefully!
- Transfer the coconut to a bowl and let cool.
- Just before serving, place the coconut in a pie pan. Use an ice cream scoop to form 2-inch balls of ice cream. Shake the pan to coat the balls with toasted coconut and use as a garnish for Recipe#433385 or other desserts.