Recipe by Missy Wombat
Now how come no one mentioned this snazzy little trick in high school chemistry all those years ago?
Top Review by Charishma_Ramchandani
I agree word to word with Moxie on this. This really is magical! I used this on a silver Lord Ganesha idol. This idol is a very intricately designed one and I always had trouble cleaning the very intricate and delicate patterns on this. But with this great recipe, I did not have to scrub or rub AT ALL and yet even the tiniest intricate portion of the idol was clean! Another plus point of this is that my hands did not smell AT ALL unlike when I use the silver polish to clean my silver. Moreover, this costs peanuts in comparison to the silver polish at the supermarket. The results of this are really awesome. I wish I had tried this earlier, months and years back. I am so happy with this recipe!! Thanks alot for sharing:)
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a pot with aluminium foil.
- Place your silver in the pot.
- The silver you are cleaning must be in contact with the foil.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of baking soda over the items and then pour boiling water to cover.
- Sparkling clean silver and NO SCRUBBING!