Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe comes from Donna Elick of TheSlowRoastedItalian.com
Make and share this The Slow Roasted Italian's Chicken Pot Pie Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb chicken, diced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 3⁄4 cup flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen mixed vegetables
- handful fresh parsley, chopped
- In a large saucepan over medium high heat, add 1 tablespoon butter and diced chicken. Cook until chicken is cooked through.
- Removed chicken from pan and plate on a plate, leaving cooking liquid in pan. Add remaining butter and ¼ cup flour. Whisk to combine. Add remaining ingredients (except chicken, vegetables and flour). Whisk to combine.
- In a resealable jar combine 1 cup soup mixture (from pot) and remaining flour. Shake to combine. Add mixture to soup. Whisk to combine.
- Add chicken and vegetables to soup. Cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Garnish with parsley, serve and enjoy!