Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe is from a small restaurant in my hometown of Orange Park, Florida. You can't go to The Sisters without ordering the cheese soup - it's that good! :)
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup diced potato
- 1⁄2 cup diced carrot
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 1⁄2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 0.5 (10 ounce) package frozen green peas
- 1 1⁄2 quarts chicken broth
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup diced Velveeta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- Melt butter or margarine in a large soup pot. Saute vegetables until just tender.
- Add broth. Simmer over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Add cheeses and parsley. Continue to cook over low heat until cheese has melted.
- Add cornstarch to milk. Stir until well blended.
- Add milk to soup and stir until thickened.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.