Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
With a delicious marinade and mouth-watering sauce, this dish offers all the right mix of flavors. I used sirloin and *accidentally* let it marinate for well over 24 hours. Time estimate does not include marination time.
For the Meat
- 1 1⁄4 lbs sirloin, sliced 2 x 1/4 inch
For the Marinade
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder (or prepared Dijon)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (fresh or jar)
For the Mushrooms and Onions
- 3⁄4 cup onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 1⁄2 cups cremini mushrooms or 2 1⁄2 cups button mushrooms, sliced
For the Sauce
- 1⁄4 cup red wine (optional)
- 14 ounces beef broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard (or mustard powder)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary, dried, minced
- 2 cups dry pasta such as farfalle pasta (bowtie)
- 4 cups broccoli florets, blanched 5 minutes
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- Marinate beef at least one hour.
- Sauté onions, garlic and mushrooms; Remove from pan.
- Sauté beef in hot pan in two batches; Return mushrooms to pan; Deglaze with wine; Add stock, mustard and herbs.
- Combine cornstarch and water; Thicken beef and sauce mixture with cornstarch slurry; Stir in sour cream.
- Cook egg noodles 10 minutes; Drain.
- Drop broccoli in pot of boiling water for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Plate pasta and top with broccoli and stroganoff.
Yum! I "accidently marinated mine for about 24 hours myself. I was attacted to this recipe because of the marinade and the herbs. I had about a 2 1/2 lb. sirloin tip roast that cut up, so I doubled the marinade. I sauteed the onion,mushrooms,and garlic in about 2 tbls. of butter - then removed them with a slotted spoon and did the beef. And after I added the soup and herbs, I simmered the whole works for about an hour to tenderize the beef. Boy! Was it good! (I did omit the broccoli though -my Kiddo hates it, and I didn't want to give her a reason to rag) Thanks for another meal alternative.