1/1 Photo of The Simplest Cranberry-Apple Crumb Pie
1 hr 30 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 9 inch unbaked pie shells, refrigerated
- 473.18 ml fresh cranberries (picked over for stems)
- 2 large apples, peeled, quartered, cored, and thinly sliced crosswise
- 158.51 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 1Put the cranberries and apples in a large mixing bowl; stir to combine.
- 2Stir in the sugar, lemon juice, and flour; set aside for 10 minutes.
- 3Scrape the filling into the chilled pie crust; smooth the top with your hands.
- 4Place pie on the center rack of a 400° oven; bake for 30 minutes.
- 5While the pie is baking, make the topping--in a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and cinnamon; add in the butter and rub it into the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs; refrigerate until ready to use.
- 6Take the pie out of the oven and lower oven temperature to 375°.
- 7Sprinkle the crumb topping over the filling and press gently to compact.
- 8Return pie to oven--rotate pie so that the part that faced the back of the oven now faces the front (put a foil-lined baking sheet onto the rack below to catch any spills).
- 9Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the topping is golden brown and the juices bubble thickly aroung the edge.
- 10Put pie on a wire rack to cool for at least 1 hour before serving.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Simplest Cranberry-Apple Crumb Pie
Serving Size: 1 (232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 573.8
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 159.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 98.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 47.7 g
- Protein 6.5 g