I adapted this recipe from one my husband used to make with ground beef. I prefer ground turkey. This pie slices easily. Serve it with a salad and bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/3 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 15 soda crackers, crumbed (I use soda crackers with unsalted tops. If you use soda that have the salted tops, then cut back the)
- 1 egg
- 3 cups mashed potatoes, use your left-overs
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a large bowl mix the ground turkey, onion, celery, garlic, seasonings, soda cracker crumbs and egg.
- 3Pat the turkey mixture into a 9-inch microwave-safe pie dish.
- 4Cook on high for 7 minutes, or until just done.
- 5Microwave cook time may be more or less for your microwave, so watch carefully.
- 6"Frost" with mashed potatoes.
- 7Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- 8Bake until the pie is heated through and the cheese is melted.
- 9About 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Shepherd's Turkey Pie
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 492.7
- Calories from Fat 200
- Total Fat 22.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 175.3 mg
- Sodium 1194.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 32.8 g