Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This cocktail is by Tobin Ellis and was featured on Throwdown with Bobby Flay.
- 1⁄2 lemon
- 4 -6 large basil leaves, stems removed
- 3 -4 teaspoons natural brown sugar, to taste
- ice cube
- 1 1⁄2 ounces flavored rum (recommended ( Bacardi Coco Rum) or 1 1⁄2 ounces flavored vodka (recommended, Bacardi Coco Rum)
- 3 ounces prepared sweet-and-sour mix (recommended ( Finest Call)
- 1 sprig fresh basil, for garnish
- Cut the lemon into small cubes. Put all but 1 lemon cube, the basil, and brown sugar together in a glass and muddle until the consistency of a paste or jam. Fill a glass with ice. Pour rum and sweet and sour mix into shaker without ice. Put cap on and shake; this blends the spirit with the mixer and creates a "froth". Strain into glass and stir. Garnish with small spring of basil and cube of lemon and serve immediately.
- This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.