New York's famous for pizza and cheesecake. But there's a little hidden secret sandwich type in The Bronx, my homeland. Even if you were unaware of this regional delicacy, you will enjoy it :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large cod fish fillet
- 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs, bread flakes
- 1/4 cup canola oil, for frying
- 1 egg, well-beaten
- 3/4 teaspoon seafood seasoning (La Flor makes it and so do some other companies)
- 2 slices American cheese
- 2 slices thick seedless rye bread (can also be served on thick sandwich breads or a hamburger bun)
- 1Rinse the cod thoroughly then dry it off.
- 2Beat the egg well, and dip the cod in it coating thoroughly.
- 3Mix the panko and seafood seasoning together in a shallow dish.
- 4Coat the cod with the seasoned panko.
- 5Fry the cod in the canola oil on low heat until tender and golden-brown, and blot on paper towels when done frying.
- 6Place one slice of cheese on each piece of bread, then put the fried cod between them.
- 7Serve with french fries, potato wedges, or a baked potato and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Sedgwick (Bronx Fish Sandwich)
Serving Size: 1 (463 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1193.2
- Calories from Fat 678
- Total Fat 75.4 g
- Saturated Fat 13.0 g
- Cholesterol 338.0 mg
- Sodium 1291.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 66.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: