Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
My variation on Rolls Royce Cocktail #2. Whoever heard of an orange Rolls Royce? Why, it's scandalous! Note that Angosturas Orange Bitters is different than the traditional aromatic Angosturas Bitters.
- 4-6 ice cubes
- 2 fluid ounce gin
- 1 fluid ounce dry vermouth
- 1 fluid ounce sweet vermouth
- 1 splash orange bitters (Angosturas Orange Bitters preferred)
- 1 twist lemon peel
- Put ice cubes in cocktail shaker. Add liquors and orange bitters. Shake well, but not too long.
- Put lemon twist in martini glass. Strain cocktail into martini glass.
- Make sure your chauffeur doesn't have one, too. Let your chauffeur drive the Rolls home.
This was more like a Scandalous Mersaydees! lol! When I went to make this, I thought I had sweet vermouth but didn't, so I substituted a sweet German wine. I used blood orange bitters. The first taste was a bit odd, but after 3 sips I was very happy with this cocktail! Will definitely make again. Thanks, KateL! Made for PAC Fall 2012.