Recipe by momaphet
Named it after one of the most elegant avenues in the city of New Orleans, this calls for quality ingredients.
- 1 lime, freshly squeezed
- 1 lime peel, from the above lime, removed with a vegetable peeler
- 2 ounces gin (don't use cheap gin)
- 5 ounces tonic water (Fever Tree or your favorite quality brand)
- 4 dashes peychaud's bitters (healthy dashes)
- lime wedge
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the lime peel in a highball glass and add the gin. Muddle the lime peel gently, to help press out some of the lime oil. If you're patient, let it sit in there for a few minutes. Then fill the glass almost to the top with cracked ice cubes. Add the lime juice. Fill with the tonic water, then add the bitters (don't be shy). Rub the lime wedge around the rim of the glass, then add it as a garnish. Swizzle, then serve the drink with the swizzle stick. Accept the compliments graciously.