Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This tasty dressing was found in The Russian Tea Room Cookbook. Use it on sandwiches, salads or fresh seafood.
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2⁄3 cup chili sauce (like Heinz Chili Sauce)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced dill pickles
- 1 tablespoon minced green pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 4 teaspoons finely grated fresh horseradish or 4 teaspoons drained bottled horseradish
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 pinch fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender, and blend until mixed.
- Do NOT over blend.
- Refrigerate in a covered jar until serving time.
- Stir before using.
- Use to dress sandwiches or salads, or as a dip for fresh seafood.
i have been looking for a recipe that is close to a local restruants. they call it thousand island but it is much closer to this. the restruant burned down 6 monthes ago and i have been searching ever since. this is yummy and will be a staple in my fridge!
EXCELLENT! EXCELLENT! EXCELLENT! Don't even bother with the store-bought dressings. To make it low carb, I substituted in place of the chili sauce (which has lots of sugar or fructose) the Low Carb Ketchup Low Carb Ketchup.
I've never been to the Russian Tea Room, so don't know how authentic it is, but it is a very delicious dressing. Sweet, with just enough tang. Reminds me of Thousand Island dressing, but not as sweet. It is perfect!