Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This sauce is from The Royal Orleans Hotel Rib Room in New Orleans. A wonderful sauce that can be used on many dishes including, beef, veal, pork or chicken dishes. Even omelets are great with this served over it.
- 4 medium onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 bunch celery, chopped
- 3 medium green peppers, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 pinch oregano
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (3 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (3 ounce) can tomato puree
- salt and pepper
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- Saute onion, celery and green pepper in a small amount of oil (about 2-3 Tbsp.) for 15 minutes.
- Add other seasoniongs and cook slowly over low heat for another 45 minutes.
- Use over beef or veal, pork or chicken.
- Also great for omelets.