Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Delicious Indian Paneer!
- 250 g panir (cottage cheese)
- 100 g fresh cream
- 1⁄2 kg of ripe tomatoes
- 3 -4 green chilies
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves
- 1 piece ginger
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder, freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon chili powder or 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Cut the paneer into equal sized pieces.
- Beat the cream.
- Keep aside.
- Then cut the chillies and ginger into equal sized juliennes.
- Pressure cook the ripe tomatoes without water.
- Cool them.
- Beat in a mixie and discard the seeds.
- Now, in a skillet, add the pureed tomato along with the cumin powder, chilli powder (or garam masala powder), pepper powder, green chillies and ginger.
- Add salt and sugar.
- Boil for 10 minutes till the mixture thickens as per the required consistency.
- Add cream, paneer pieces, lemon juice and finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Boil for 3 minutes.
- Serve hot with rotis/naan/parathas/bread and enjoy!