1/1 Photo of The Rosie Show Sticky Buns
3 hrs 30 mins
I got this recipe from the Rosie O'Donnell Show when it was on the air. I've had the recipe for a few years but am just now getting around to making them and I'm glad I did! They are fantastic. I wasn't sure how the dough would turn out because when I was kneading it the butter did not seem to incorporate very well. I think I may melt the butter next time I make these. Anyway, the dough turned out fine after all. These are very tasty and sticky!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope dry active yeast (or almost 1 tbsp)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon butter (to grease bowl)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted (to grease pan)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
Filling mix sugar and cinnamon together
- 2In bowl, dissolve yeast and 1 tsp honey in warm water.
- 3Let stand until foamy, about 10 minutes.
- 4By hand, beat in remaining honey, the egg, salt, 2 cups flour, 1/4 cup butter until smooth, 2 minutes.
- 5Stir in remaining flour until soft dough forms.
- 6Knead on floured surface 2 minutes until smooth.
- 7Form ball.
- 8Butter bowl with 1 tsp butter; put dough in bowl.
- 9Cover with plastic.
- 10Let rise 1 1/2 to 2 hours, until doubled.
- 11Brush 13x9x2-inch baking pan with melted butter.
- 13In saucepan, heat sugar, syrup and butter, stirring until smooth.
- 14Remove from heat; add honey & nuts.
- 15Pour in prepared pan to coat the bottom.
- 17Punch down dough; on floured surface roll dough to 20x12-inch rectangle.
- 18Brush with butter; sprinkle with sugar mixture.
- 19Roll up from long side.
- 20Cut into 20 (1-inch) slices.
- 21Arrange slices in pan, evenly spaced.
- 23Let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 24Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 25Bake 30 minutes, until golden brown.
- 26Cool in pan 1 minute.
- 27Invert platter over pan; turn out buns onto platter.
- 28When lukewarm pull apart into individual buns.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Rosie Show Sticky Buns
Serving Size: 1 (62 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 313.7
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 41.2 mg
- Sodium 166.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 21.8 g
- Protein 3.4 g