Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
From the cookbook 'Can You Take The Heat? -- The WWF Is Cooking!'.
- 1 cup unsalted butter (220g)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups quick oatmeal, blended to a fine powder in a food processor
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate chips
- 4 ounces Hershey Bars, grated
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans or mixture)
- Preheat oven to 375°F Cream butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and vanilla. Blend in flour, oatmeal, salt, and baking powder. Add chocolate chips, grated chocolate and nuts.
- Roll dough into 3/4- to 1-inch balls and place them 2 inches apart on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake 20 minutes or until browned to suit.