Recipe by mums the word
I developed this recipe to use some leftover meatloaf because my son does not appreciate the cold meatloaf sandwich with all the fixings that the rest of the family enjoys. There always has to be one person who doesn't conform; it is a little known, unwritten rule. But as long as every family has one, I don't feel bad. This one's for you Adam, love you! By the way, he thought this sandwich was great! (Amounts are estimated, just wing it as you go and use what you have. Zaar won't accept leftover meatloaf so had to call it meatloaf mixture.)
- 1⁄2 lb meatloaf mix (cooked leftovers)
- 1 1⁄2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 green pepper, sliced thinly
- 1⁄2 onion, sliced thinly
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 4 submarine rolls (12-inch)
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- garlic salt
- celery salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice leftover (cold) meatloaf into 1/4" slices and layer in glass baking dish beginning with sauce, then meat, topping each layer with spaghetti sauce.
- Cover with foil and heat for 25 minutes or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, in a non-stick skillet, heat the 2 teaspoons olive oil; add the green peppers and onions, saute until lightly browned; add Italian seasoning and set aside to keep warm.
- Slice submarine rolls and open out flat; using a pastry brush, lightly oil both sides of the open roll; sprinkle with garlic salt and celery salt to taste.
- Place in preheated broiler and lightly toast the rolls.
- Layer the meatloaf, sauce, peppers, onions and mozzarella cheese onto each roll and place back under broiler to melt the cheese.