Prep 25 mins
Cook 3 mins
Spaghetti with almost no carbs! It's like magic! If you haven't tried spaghetti squash yet, you should. It's really a great replacement when you're craving spaghetti but can't have it.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced small
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced fine
- 1 spaghetti squash, 2-2 1/2 lbs, scraped and ready to use (see How to Cook a Spaghetti Squash)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, minced
- 1 dash salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in skillet and cook onion and garlic until soft and fragrant, 6 minutes.
- Preheat broiler.
- Place scraped squash in bowl, add onions and garlic, basil, salt and pepper and toss well.
- Place mixture in buttered 1 quart baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and broil for 2-3 minutes until JUST starting to brown.
- Serve immediately.
Love the way all the flavors play together with out one or the other dominating. Also love that it was not drowning in spaghetti sauce. Made as written using the 2 (large) garlic option. Will defiantly be making again. Thanks for the post.