Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Use this like bruschetta on pasta, fish and garlic toast. I really like it served with a big, juicy steak off the grill. In the summertime when the tomatoes are fresh, this is a fabulous way to use them up! Sometimes I add about a couple of teaspoons of lemon juice for extra zing. It needs to sit for an hour or 2 so the flavors can blend so be sure to allow time for that.
- 1 lb roma tomato (Italian plums, about 8 big ones)
- 4 tablespoons finely diced red onions
- 3⁄4 cup lossely packed julienned basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely minced garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar (or cider vinegar)
- Thoroughly combine all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Allow to sit at room temperature for 1-2 hours before serving.
I loved this recipe and used it as a side for fish in our pub restaurant. We suffer here from lack of tasty tomatoes and I would imagine this would be spectacular with garden toms. Thanks Realtor. Made for zaar holiday tag
Yummy Salsa, I have made this four times already and really enjoy all the flavours. The only substitute I make (each time I make this salsa) is I used basil in a tube and small amount of garlic from a jar, then I keep to the recipe. I've made it to use on tacos, on a bruschetta (twice) and as a side dish with chicken. Thank you so much Realtor by day, Chef by night for a yummy recipe.