Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
These potatoes are yummy, rich and decadent! They are not diet friendly but boy are they worth the extra calories! They're a nice change when you want something different than the same old mashed potatoes. This recipes makes alot so if you need less, it's easily cut in half. You can make these a day or 2 ahead and refrigerate until ready to use.
- 5 lbs potatoes, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temp (1 stick)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream, room temp
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Boil potatoes until tender, about 20-30 minutes. Mash while hot.
- Stir in butter and cream chesse.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately or spread in a 13x9 casserole and refrigerate until ready to use.
- An hour before serving, remove from refrigerator, set on counter for 30 minutes or so.
- Bake, uncovered at for 30 minutes or so to heat through.
A wonderful potato dish. Loved the addition of onions. A great make ahead recipe.
Delicious! I made this for DH and I to have with cube steak and onion gravy. I did "lighten" it up slightly by using fat free sour cream and fat free cream cheese, but it was still sinfully delicious! Thanks Realtor! I will make this again I'm sure! Made for KK's Chef's Pick Tag
Sooooo gooood!!! Very easy and the result is very creamy but still light. I decided not to peel my potatoes and mixed everything in my stand mixer. I put a lid on it and kept it warm in the oven until everyone was home for dinner. We all enjoyed this with Grilled Flank Steak and Mozzarella Portobellos (American Heart Association). Thanks Realtor! :)