There are so many recipes for Italian dressing out there but I had to share mine. Because, of course, mine is the BEST! After the first time, you'll want to double this recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Combine all ingredients in blender and process 2 minutes. Don't skip the blender and just stir it or shake it, it won't be as good.
- Chill at least 3 hours. It's best if you make it a day ahead and it just gets better with age.
Outstanding, not just good! Not wimpy at all, but a very pleasing vinaigrette. This woke up a simple salad of romaine, grape tomatoes and shredded Parmesan cheese. Will definitely make this again. Made for Please Review My Recipe tag game.
This had lots of flavor! I used fresh oregano and added about a tbls. of sugar(my personal preferance). Great on a green salad, thanks! Made for the Please Review My Recipe game(PRMR).
Made this last night and I used fresh minced onions, about1 1-1 1/4 teaspoons sugar and added some Franks hot sauce for a little zip...everyone enjoyed this. Thank you.