Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I make this several times each summer. My little girl loves them!
- 4 medium cucumbers, peeled and sliced in thin rounds
- 1 small onion, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill seed
- Mix all ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Refrigerate and let sit for several hours before serving- overnight is even better.
A refreshing salad that made a great side to today's sandwiches. Like the easy and balance of flavor. I made using English cucumbers so no peeling need just sliced in the food processer and used fresh dill in place of dill seed. Will make again, thanks for the post.
Absolutely wonderful & so easy to prepare, too! The only change I made was to use lemon pepper instead of the usual S&P! This is definitely a great tasting dish that I'll be making again during the coming months! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in Everyday Is a Holiday recipe tag]
Wow! These were great! Kinda like garlic pickles. I made them exactly as written and we loved them. My kids inhaled the whole bowl in no time flat.