Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love making my own salad dressings and I'm always looking for new ones. This delicious dressing recipe came from www.horseradish.org It's perfect on a green salad served along side of a nice, juicy steak!
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, chopped (green onions)
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon bottled horseradish
- salt and pepper
- In a blender or food processor combine buttermilk, mayonnaise, scallions, basil, parsley, lemon juice and horseradish. Blend well until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste, process briefly to blend flavors.
- Serve on salad of fresh mixed greens.
Loved the creamy taste with the horseradish! I did have to use the trick of mixing vinegar with milk to make my buttermilk, but that didn't seem to affect the recipe at all. We really enjoyed this dressing. Thanks for sharing.