Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
These are a little healthier than fried wings and they taste better, too. The dipping sauce is fantastic! You can adjust the heat by adding more hot sauce if you like them hotter.
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce (like Texas Pete)
- 4 cups corn flakes, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley (1 Tbsp dried flakes)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 lbs chicken wings (and or or drummettes)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425.
- In microwave, melt butter and hot sauce together and stir to blend.
- In a plastic bag, place the cornflake crumbs, parsley and salt, shake to mix.
- Dip the wings in butter sauce then shake in cornflake mixture to coat.
- Bake on greased baking sheet for about 35 minutes or until crispy and done.
- While the wings are baking, combine the remaining ingredients for the dip and refrigerate until serving.
These were great. I did add an extra teaspoon of red pepper sauce, and to us they fit the bill. Other than that recipe was made as posted, and we all enjoyed very much. The dipping sauce is one of a kind. Very good. Made for 1-2-3 hits.
This made for a quick supper for me to throw together w/a side of scalloped potatoes. I used for the heat factor Frank's RedHot Wings Buffalo Sauce. DH and DS said they weren't hot at all whereas I thought I could detect a bit of a nip. (I"m a whimp). The butter amount might be a tad much (for me anyway) as I thought they were somewhat greasy. All in all a good meal or appy!~ Made for PRMR.