Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
YUMMY! This is so creamy and delicious. It's quick to the table and very satisfying.
- 473.18 ml reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 29.58 ml garlic, minced
- 1.23 ml thyme
- 2.46-4.92 ml lemon pepper
- 453.59 g package cheese tortellini
- 9.85 ml cornstarch
- 158.51 ml heavy cream
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and thinly sliced diagonally in 1 1/2 inch pieces (3/4 pound)
- 177.44 ml grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- Boil broth with garlic, thyme and lemon pepper in a large heavy skillet until reduced to about 1 cup, about 6 minutes or so.
- Meanwhile, cook tortellini in a pasta pot of boiling salted water (1 1/2 tablespoons salt for 4 quarts water) according to package directions. Drain.
- Stir cornstarch into cream, then whisk into broth. Bring to a simmer, whisking, then continue to simmer 1 minute. Add asparagus and simmer until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Stir in cheese and tortellini and cook, gently stirring, until heated through.
Nice pasta dish. I used a combination of white and spinach cheese tortellini. Simple and very tasty. Thanks Realtor for a nice meal. Made for Cookbook Tag.
This was absolutely divine, as was the aroma while it was cooking. It was very easy to make, as well. The thyme was a great addition that made it very flavorful. I did end up adding some diced prosciuotto with the asparagus, in order to make a main dish out of this. I also had to substitute romano cheese, as I did not have enough parmesan. I used a 20-oz. package of herb-garlic tortellini, and there was plenty of sauce. I will be making this again. Made for Kittencal's Fall Mini Cook-a-Thon.