Recipe by Realtor by day, Chef by night
YUMMY! This is so creamy and delicious. It's quick to the table and very satisfying.
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) package cheese tortellini
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and thinly sliced diagonally in 1 1/2 inch pieces (3/4 pound)
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil broth with garlic, thyme and lemon pepper in a large heavy skillet until reduced to about 1 cup, about 6 minutes or so.
- Meanwhile, cook tortellini in a pasta pot of boiling salted water (1 1/2 tablespoons salt for 4 quarts water) according to package directions. Drain.
- Stir cornstarch into cream, then whisk into broth. Bring to a simmer, whisking, then continue to simmer 1 minute. Add asparagus and simmer until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Stir in cheese and tortellini and cook, gently stirring, until heated through.