Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is one of my favorite ways to serve corn for the holidays or when I want a special sidedish. This is always the first side to disappear.
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen corn kernels (or 2 of the short squatty cans of Green Giant niblets, drained)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- In medium saucepan cook corn according to package directions and drain liquid. If using canned corn, just heat it up.
- Put the butter and cream cheese in a microwave safe bowl and nuke it for about 1 minute.
- Add the butter and cream cheese to the corn. Cook, stirring occasionally, over moderately low heat until mixture is combined and heated through. Serve hot.
I made some Mexican Rice and enchil adas and this sounded like it would go so well if I added the green chilies, so that is what I did, with raving results from everyone here. We will have this again many times with all kinds of things!
There is just a few ingredients and it's so yummy. This is just perfect and was easy to do in a few minutes. I used frozen corn. Thanks Realtor :) Made for Holiday tag game
Yum! This corn is so simple and so good. Thanks for sharing this great side dish. Made for Please Review My Recipe tag.