Recipe by Realtor by day, Chef by night
I found this recipe on the internet. I made a change or two and my family loves it. I serve this over chicken flavored rice. It goes together so well.
Top Review by diner524
We loved it!!! I made this as written with the exception of leaving out the mushrooms, as DS's girlfriend was here for dinner and hates mushrooms, but I am sure I would love them in this recipe. I served the chicken, along with the sauce, over linguine. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for Please Review My Recipe Tag Game.
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 59.14 ml butter, softened
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 118.29 ml all-purpose flour
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 113.39 g sliced mushrooms
- 20 capers (to taste)
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 59.14 ml white wine
- 4.92 ml chicken base (to taste)
- 59.14 ml water
- 4.92 ml fresh parsley, chopped (to taste)
- 2 lemon slices
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, stir together the garlic and butter until well combined. Set aside.
- Place a chicken breast half on a work surface with the thick side facing to the right (if you're right-handed), and place your left hand down on the chicken breast.
- Using a very sharp knife, carefully cut the chicken breast from the thick side to about 1/2 inch from the edge of the thin side, in a horizontal cut.
- Open the cut chicken breast and spread it out like an open book. Using a meat mallet, gently pound the butterflied chicken breast until it is an even thickness.
- Place the flour in a shallow dish; dredge each chicken breast on both sides with the flour.
- Melt the garlic butter in a large skillet over medium heat until it stops foaming.
- Cook each chicken breast until golden brown on both sides, 6 to 8 minutes per side.
- Sprinkle each breast with salt and pepper.
- Remove the chicken breasts to a platter, and keep warm.
- Cook and stir the mushrooms, in the same skillet, until the mushrooms have absorbed the remaining butter in the skillet and have begun to turn brown at the edges.
- Stir in capers, lemon juice, white wine, chicken base and water.
- Stir to combine. Reduce to a simmer.
- Adjust salt and pepper again; stir the parsley into the sauce.
- Remove the chicken breasts to serving plates.
- Serve the sauce over the chicken.
- Garnish each serving with a lemon slice.