Recipe by Realtor by day, Chef by night
Top Review by Annacia
Oh my gosh, these are yummy! I love scones both sweet and savory and I've made a lot of then over the years. This recipe is top of the line, everything it perfectly balanced and works together like a well played symphony. They raise tall and have that more-ish taste, as soon as you finish one you want more. This recipe will most certainly be made again. Made for Realtors Bonus Win in Photo Tag.
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided use
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 cup shredded gruyere cheese (can sub Monterey Jack)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425*F.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a skillet and saute chopped onion and chopped red bell pepper until soft; set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together flour, baking powder, salt, white pepper, and cayenne pepper. Cut in 4 tablespoons butter until coarse crumbs are formed. Stir in Gruyere cheese, cheddar cheese, the onion mixture, and milk; stir just to blend.
- On a lightly floured flat surface, form the dough into 12 rounds, flatten, and place on a greased baking sheet. Brush with milk. Bake for 15 minutes.