Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love this dressing! It's so creamy and delicious! If you are out of buttermilk, you can substitute 1/4 cup sour cream and 1/4 cup milk. I have done that many times with very good results. This one tastes great either way. Make it the day before you plan to use it if you can. That way the flavors will have time to blend.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons green onions with tops, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced very fine
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- Place mayo and buttermilk in a covered container and shake to combine.
- Add all the other ingredients and shake until well blended.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 1 week. Shake before using.
We loved the dressing. I served it over romain lettuce with chopped avocado and grape tomatoes. I did add about 1-1/2 T more lemon and 1/2 tsp salt and pepper. Nice and creamy. Thaniks for the posting!!
Yummy! I used whole milk and vinegar to do buttermilk. I had reduced fat mayonnaise. This is delicious and so easy to do. Thanks Realtor :) Made for 123 hit wonders
Made for New Kid on the Block Tag. This is excellent and very flavorful. I like the fact that this doesn't have added oil. The only thing that I did different was to add some plain fat free Greek yogurt to make it a little bit thicker which is just a personal preference. Thanks for posting this Realtor!