1/2 Photos of The Realtor's Blushing Citrus Chicken
Realtor by day, Chef by night's Note:
How about a new twist on citrus chicken? Instead of lemon, this one uses grapefruit juice for a whole new angle on an old favorite. I loved this simple, tasty dish. It's perfect for the family or company.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided use
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper, divided use
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup pink grapefruit juice
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped pink grapefruit
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro (I use basil)
- grapefruit, slices (for garnish)
- fresh cilantro stem (for garnish)
- 1Between 2 pieces wax paper, pound chicken breasts to flatten slightly.
- 2In shallow bowl, mix together flour and 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Dredge chicken in mixture to coat lightly.
- 3In large frypan over medium heat, place oil. Add chicken and cook about 5 minutes on each side or until light brown and fork can be inserted in chicken with ease. Remove chicken to platter and keep warm.
- 4Whisk grapefruit juice into frypan and simmer until reduced by half. Whisk in wine and sour cream; cook about 5 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Remove from heat and add butter, whisking. Add sugar and remaining salt and pepper. Stir in grapefruit and chopped cilantro. Return chicken to pan and stir to coat. Arrange on serving platter and garnish with grapefruit slices and cilantro sprigs.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Realtor's Blushing Citrus Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 320.6
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 87.6 mg
- Sodium 414.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 28.6 g