Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
How about a new twist on citrus chicken? Instead of lemon, this one uses grapefruit juice for a whole new angle on an old favorite. I loved this simple, tasty dish. It's perfect for the family or company.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided use
- 1⁄4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper, divided use
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup pink grapefruit juice
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup coarsely chopped pink grapefruit
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro (I use basil)
- grapefruit, slices (for garnish)
- fresh cilantro stem (for garnish)
- Between 2 pieces wax paper, pound chicken breasts to flatten slightly.
- In shallow bowl, mix together flour and 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Dredge chicken in mixture to coat lightly.
- In large frypan over medium heat, place oil. Add chicken and cook about 5 minutes on each side or until light brown and fork can be inserted in chicken with ease. Remove chicken to platter and keep warm.
- Whisk grapefruit juice into frypan and simmer until reduced by half. Whisk in wine and sour cream; cook about 5 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Remove from heat and add butter, whisking. Add sugar and remaining salt and pepper. Stir in grapefruit and chopped cilantro. Return chicken to pan and stir to coat. Arrange on serving platter and garnish with grapefruit slices and cilantro sprigs.
This was to die for!!!!!!! I rarely make chicken breasts as such, prefer to cube and cook them like that, so in this case I did do that, and finished the sauteed cubes off in the sauce, I absolutely LOVED the sauce!!! What a very clever idea! One of the best chicken dishes I have enjoyed in a long time, not too sweet, in fact an intriguing flavour. A real keeper, thanks, Realtor!!! Made and enjoyed for Yuku Food Friends And Fun : Think Pink 2014