These are much healthier than fried chips and they taste great. You can vary the flavor by using different spices. Try taco seasoning, garlic, cinnamon... the variations are endless. We like them with just salt and pepper. The thickness you make them will greatly effect the baking time. If you do them with a vegetable peeler, they'll take about 20 minutes. If you slice them in super thin slices, they'll take about 30 minutes. Just watch them until you get them just right.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Peel the sweet potato and slice it with a vegetable peeler into thin strips.
- Lay them out on a parchment lined tray. Keep them seperate and not touching in a single layer.
- Spray them lightly with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.
- Bake them about 20 minutes or until browned and crispy. Turn the tray about halfway through.
- Keep your eye on them and adjust the cooking time to acheive the desired crispy texture.
- Cool slightly and enjoy!