Recipe by Sandra Silver
This Celestial Cream is a hands-down crowd-pleaser! I'd stack this one up against any dessert you can name. It's a light and creamy dessert to grace a dinner party, a Holiday feast or your family meal.
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 packages gelatin (4 1/2 tsps.)
- 9 tablespoons cold water
- 3 cups sour cream
- 1 package red raspberries, preferrably frozen and thawed or fresh raspberries with lots of sugar in them
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the cream and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir with a whisk until the sugar is dissolved.
- Soften the gelatin in the cold water.
- Whisk gelatin into the cream.
- When the gelatin is dissolved, whisk in the sour cream.
- Stir only until well-blended and smooth.
- Pour this Creme Celeste into a lightly-oiled mold.
- Chill for 4-5 hours until firm.
- Unmold by setting mold in warm water for several minutes.
- Upend it onto a white platter.
- Surround the sides of this incredible Cream with the red raspberries.
- Save a few for the top.